Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dollism, DoA, and The Joint!

Default Dollism, DoA, and The Joint!

Hi guys,

As many if you know, DoA has partnered with Mint on Card and Dollheart to bring the Dollism Plus convention to the US. So far, it's looking like it's going to be a really great convention with a bunch of attendees and contests and vendors - I am super excited, even though the planning is insane.

As one of the showrunners, I've been promised a booth in the vendor room. I would like to use this booth to promote the amazing work of the artists on The Joint! I would ideally like to display a combination of photos and physical work, as well as providing an opportunity for artists to give out business cards with links to their individual websites, blogs, Facebook pages, tumblrs, etc.

It would also be really cool to make some little tutorial booklets about doll making and materials to pass out! If you guys submit enough content, maybe we could even make a little magazine-type book to sell to put toward hosting costs on our new server. (The Joint will front the money for the printing in either case).

At this point I am willing to handle a limited number of sales for a small commission (so I can cover Paypal fees and pay my friend who is manning the booth to handle the sale).

Here is the information for joining the Joint exhibition booth.

Photos, post cards, and business cards:

You are responsible for printing and shipping your cards and/or photos to me. Photos should be 8x10" at a minimum, up to poster size. You can send photos of finished work as well as works in progress; you can even send photos of your workspace. Dolls in the photos should be your own work, though you can display your dolls with other people's work as long as you credit the studios who created any other dolls in your photos.

Postcards and business cards will be there for convention goers to take with them to enjoy your work. Extras (as well as photos) will not be returned to you unless you pay shipping.

Display Only Dolls

If you would like to display your work, you may send up to three completed, cast dolls to be shown in our booth. They can be displayed mostly nude if you want to show off the body, but please include some article of modesty-preserving clothing to cover the genitalia. Please include a stand for each doll.

You are responsible for shipping the doll or dolls to me, as well as the fees for sending them back. Please do not send prototypes or irreplaceable items. While the booth will be manned at all times, accidents can happen and I would hate to see anyone lose an invaluable piece.

I will try to return any display dolls within a week of the end of the convention, though international shipping may take me a little longer.

Sale Dolls

If you would like for us to sell a small number of dolls or high-quality cast resin parts for you, please email me for more information as the quantity I can take depends on the size and price of your dolls.

Please remember that because it is an in-person sale at the venue, sales tax much be charged. The tax rate is 8%, so please incorporate that into your price. Additionally, I will need to charge a 5% commission to cover Paypal fees. I know the cost kind of sucks, but otherwise to tell at Dollism you'd have a $500 vendor few for your own booth (and most of us don't have enough stock to make it worth it).

Payment for any sold dolls will be sent to the artist via Paypal within a week after the event. Unsold merchandise will be returned via mail. You will be responsible for postage.

That's the basics! I'll put info about the booklet/magazine in the next post. If you have any questions, please post them here.
    At a creative low...

the Joint Intro Booklet

I would also love to do an intro to BJD making booklet that we could print out and either sell (to go to hosting costs for our new server) or give away at the convention. How it goes will depend on how many people submit content and how long of a booklet it would be.

So to that end, I'd like to solicit...

• Materials reviews
    • Tool reviews
    • Tutorials with photos
    • Photos of your projects (work in progress or complete!)

Also, if you would like to have a link to your blog or website listed in the back, you can send that to me too.

Please send all submissions and convention questions to me at armeleia@gmail.com.
    At a creative low...

I doubt I'll have any doll ready as I'm still trying to find the funds to go! But I can offer to work on the booklet with you Aimee. I have all the programs that would be needed theses days and you know I have fun with graphics. I have this summer off from my full time job so I'll be able to allot some time to this project if you want the assistance. I'll send this in e-mail also so you have it.

(Love the work done on the site, btw, I haven't been here in ages.)

How long do we have to gather content? I would love to participate, but I would need to throw some stuff around first.
    Mostly, I just make horns now...

Thanks, Talie, I'll reply to your email tomorrow!

I think we just need magazine content by mid-July. I need the photo posts and display dolls by end of August.
    At a creative low...

I just sent you a message. I'm not on here every day. Thank you for reaching out through Sailor. I'll be at the show you should have my gmail now which is the fastest way to reach me. I use it to chat to if you need more instantaneous contact. I have a background in publishing and content set up. I have put together a number of books from scratch so can help you if you need it. Otherwise I will happily submit content. Please be in touch!
    do or do not, there is no try... but I wanna try everything

Oh, that is so cool! I wish it wasn't so far away so I could be there.

I could put away a little bit of info about dollies done in 3D, if ya like - the 3D methods seem to be on the rise, and is really my area of expertise. Not sure a whole tutorial would really be doable in a small format, but a general "this can be done, here are some of the ways to make the 3D parts, and the printed parts, with more info at (link)" perhaps?

Wow, that is so cool! And very sweet and nice of you, armeleia, to do this! Kudos to you.

Also, I have a little question; can people from outside the US join, too, or is this strictly for americans only?
    geminick creations: geminick.com

Quote Originally Posted by armeleia View Post
    Thanks, Talie, I'll reply to your email tomorrow!

I think we just need magazine content by mid-July. I need the photo posts and display dolls by end of August.
    Lots of time, then. If I can talk myself out of my typical procrastination. I will be at Dollism, so I am more motivated since I get to see the end result in person. Just one more layer of excitement!
    Mostly, I just make horns now...

Will the booklet available for download after the convention finish?
    only limited booklet will be printed and surely there will be some person who can't get it because everything sold or they don't come to dollism.