Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Joint is merging with Den of Angels!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Joint is merging with Den of Angels!

Hi guys!

As some of you long-timers may remember, Den of Angels once had a subforum for aspiring doll sculptors to share their projects and talk shop. It eventually grew beyond the scope of what fit DoA's focus, and that community was rehomed on The Joint. With DoA’s shift in recent years, we have decided to merge the Joint back into Den of Angels.

This is a super exciting update for us for many reasons... but the biggest is that it means that our community can grow and our works can be seen by a larger audience. While we may lose some of the intimacy of our small group, we will gain a really wonderful forum staff, a better server, and vibrant community of both observers and undiscovered artists!

Many of you are already members of DoA; where possible, we will be merging your posts here into your DoA account. For those of you who are only members here (but have more than 15 posts as of 7/11 and have logged in recently), we will create an account for you on DoA using your Joint username and password to bring over your posts.

Not all sections of the Joint will be moving over. We will be bringing over the meat of the forum in terms of progress threads and workshop discussion, but some of the more social areas such as introductions and critique won't be coming with us. We will unfortunately be losing our blogs, but that feature has never been widely used. Your PMs will not be imported, so please download them if you would like to keep them.

The move is tentatively planned for the end of July; posting will remain open on The Joint until July 15th, at which time we will set the forum to read-only until after the move is complete.

If you have any questions, please let me know in this thread!

Otherwise, see you on the flip side!
    Last edited by armeleia; 07-12-2017 at 03:32 AM.
    At a creative low...

I have a question.

Some artists here have potential to sell their works, Would access to the Joint areas of the Den of Angels be restricted like the market place?

I am aware of the "artist head acceptance" process that DoA has. But I'm just worried that progress threads will get spammed with people looking to get their 40 post for the MP instead of something constructive and in depth discussions.

@ElysionGear We don't know yet. Our main focus right now is to get content from the Joint successfully merged into DoA and deal with any issues that arise with member accounts. Once we're over that hurdle, we'll be able to think about how best to integrate the Joint into DoA.

(This is Dezarii from DoA.)

How will the merge of accounts work? Are you looking at email address, username, or some other factor? (I'm not sure which email I have connected to this account vs. my DoA account, but I am also mokarran on DoA...)

@mokarran We will check usernames and email addresses, so if you are mokarran on DoA then there shouldn't be a problem.

I have similar concerns as ElysionGear. While a greater exposure could be nice, I donít use the Joint for exposure, but for the wonderful opportunity to get quality tips and critique from other artists.

Is it possible to make the Joint a bit like the marketplace on DoA, where you have to live up to certain criteria before you can access it? I would hate for the joint to turn into some gallery forum where youíll be drowned in countless generic ďniceĒ comments. Thatís not what the Joint should be. At least, thatís how I feel.
    http://www.lillim.com/

Cool. I've always wanted to see what was on DoA but I don't actually own a BJD (except the one I made) which, if I remember correctly, is a requirement. I look forward to seeing all the pretty face-ups etc. ^^

I've actually finished my first doll and am working on my second, but I think I will wait till the merge is over and everything is settled in before posting a bunch of pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthrax View Post
    Cool. I've always wanted to see what was on DoA but I don't actually own a BJD (except the one I made) which, if I remember correctly, is a requirement. I look forward to seeing all the pretty face-ups etc. ^^

I've actually finished my first doll and am working on my second, but I think I will wait till the merge is over and everything is settled in before posting a bunch of pictures.
    Owning a doll is not a requirement. At least, it wasn't when I joined some years ago. Back then it did require an invite, though, but it doesn't any more.
    http://www.lillim.com/

Woo, this account still exists! I'm also the same here as I am on DoA. I'd love to get back to sculpting again one day...

I think these are legitimate concerns, and I guess there's a couple ways you could handle section restrictions. At least that I can think of.
    One is putting The Joint section behind a post minimum block like the marketplace as Lilith suggests. Possibly also a account time creation block.
    Another would be raising the minimum character count in posts for The Joint section, so that people are forced to be more constructive with their comments than just ' nice'. And anything spammy could count toward a ban.

If these are possible to do, I think they could both help. Implementing both at once would be even better.

Honestly I have some mixed feelings about the merger. While it would be nice to have everything all in the same place, it was rather nice how quiet, mature and constructive everything was here.
    Currently working on: Working on jointing my doll body